Happy Sunday folks! Today’s “Bookish Quotes” will be taken from three of my favorite books, whose cover is blue. I’m seriously running out of ideas so I thought, choosing cover colors would be cool! I’m probably going to stick to posting just three books a Sunday because I feel that more than that would be just too much. But enough rambling LOL lets get on with this post.
~ The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ~
- “I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago to not deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence.”
2. “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll only have, and I am in love with you.”
3. “Oh, I wouldn’t mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”
4. “My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations.”
5. “Oh, I’m grand.” Augustus Waters smiles with a corner of his mouth. “I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up my friend.”
~ Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland ~
1. “When I look up into the night sky, I remember that I’m nothing but the ashes of long-dead stars. A human being is a collection of atoms that comes together into an ordered pattern for a brief period of time and then falls apart again. I find comfort in my smallness.”
2. “I never realized that you could fall in love with humans the same way you fall in love with songs. How the tune of them could mean nothing to you at first, an unfamiliar melody, but quickly turn into a symphony carved across your skin; a hymn in the web of your veins; a harmony stitched into the lining of your soul.”
3. “It was you who taught me that oblivion is our reward for being human, that the very fabric of reality itself is kind enough to ensure that all our sins and silliness will be stripped away.”
4. “I wish you could see the world the way I see the world. See that death is the reward for having lived.”
5. “Grace Town was a chemical explosion inside my heart. She was a star that’d gone supernova For a few fleeting moments there was light and heat and pain, brighter than any galaxy, and in her wake she left nothing but darkness. But the death of stars provides the building blocks of life. We’re all made of star stuff. We’re all made of Grace Town.”
~ Wintersong by S. Jae Jones ~
1. “Life,” he said softly, “is more than ﬂesh. Your body is a candle, your soul the ﬂame.”
2. “There is music in your soul. A wild and untamed sort
of music that speaks to me. It defies all the rules and laws you humans set upon it. It grows from inside you, and I have a wish to set that music free.”
3. “You are the monster I claim, mein Herr.”
4. “Love is the bridge that spans the world above and below, and keeps the wheel of life turning.”
5. “To love is to be selfless. Let me be selfless.”
Agh, all of these quotes are so GOOD. These three books are all books I highly recommend. I just did a re-read of TFIOS and OCH but I feel like Wintersong is in need of a re-read as well! Out of all of these, I recommend Our Chemical Hearts or Wintersong, just because a lot of people hate TFIOS and I know it is the least out of these three. But, TFIOS is my favorite book of all time so I’m kind of in love with it lolol! If you’ve read these then I’d love to hear what you think of them!
Hope y’all have a great rest of your day and Happy Reading!