Hello again! Today is going to be a combination of the book quotes as well as my thoughts on the series! I just finished my reread of Clockwork Princess last week and I still haven’t reviewed it because I’m Lazy LOL But also, how can you review perfection? I’m just so un-motivated to review it because I know it won’t do the series justice. The Infernal Devices is my absolute favorite series of all time. Honestly, nothing compares to it at ALL. I personally think it’s Cassandra Clares best work, but that’s just me. I don’t think I will ever come across a series that will wreck me like this series did, but oh well, broken hearts are the price we must pay as readers. And that was DRAMATIC LOLOL I’m sorry. But it’s also super true. This series is just heart WRECKING, it’s no joke. And actually, it took me about 3 weeks to finish Clockwork Princess because it would make me way too emotional while reading. And then I ended up binging the last 300 pages in one night because I have no self-control. BUT anyways, I don’t want this to be super long so let’s get into my favorite quotes from all three books!
~ Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare ~
1. “One must always be careful of books,” said Tessa, “and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
2. “It’s all right to love someone who doesn’t love you back, as long as they’re worth you loving them. As long as they deserve it.”
3. “If no one in the entire world cared about you, did you really exist at all?”
4. “I think he did,” said Jem, “and does love you, in his way, but you cannot concern yourself with that. It is as great a thing to love as it is to be loved. Love is not something that can be wasted.”
5. “Whatever you are physically,” he said, “male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy – all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. Whatever the color, the shape, the design of the shade that conceals it, the flame inside the lamp remains the same. You are that flame. That’s what I believe.
~ Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare ~
1. “I haven’t abandoned hope,” he said. “I just hope for different things than you do, Tessa Gray.”
2. “I’ve never minded it,” he went on. “Being lost, that is. I had always thought one could not be truly lost if one knew one’s own heart. But I may be lost without knowing yours.”
3. “Every word you wrote. You and I, Tessa, we’re alike. We live and breathe words. It was books that kept me from taking my own life after I thought I could never love anyone, never be loved by anyone again. It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt – I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamed. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted – and then I realized that truly I just wanted you. The girl behind the scrawled letters. I loved you from the moment I read them. I love you still.”
4. “I see you as you really are, my blood brother. Not just better than you pretend to be, but better than most people could hope to be.” He placed a hand on Will’s shoulder, gently. “You are worth everything, Will.”
5. “For that was love, wasn’t it–to burn bright in someone else’s eyes?”
~ Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare ~
1. “Is that what you’re doing? Enduring? Surely an engaged woman should be happier. A heart divided against itself cannot stand, as they say. You love them both, and it tears you apart.”
2. “What I do know is that if we are born again, I will meet you in another life, and if there is a river, you will wait on the shores for me to come to you, so that we can cross together.”
3. “No one can say that death found in me a willing comrade, or that I went easily.”
4. “It is one of the great truths of my life. Will you come with me? For I cannot wait to share the world with you. There is much to see.”
5. “You said I am a good man,” he said. “But I am not that good a man. And I am – I am catastrophically in love with you.”
Okay but yeah, this was emotionally draining. As I said earlier, I still haven’t brought myself to review this whole series properly ( I probably won’t to be honest. ) Anyways, this week feature the usual book-tags as well as a couple of reviews!
Hope you all have a great Sunday and Happy Reading!