Hello again! I hope you’re all having a great Sunday and are spending some quality time with your dad! But this weeks Bookish Quotes will be from Six of Crows. The most brilliant and amazing books that have graced society. AHA okay I’m Leigh Bardugo Trash and will read anything she writes because its probably PERFECTION. For those of you who haven’t read it yet, Six of Crows is about a group of 6 teenage thugs who go on a super dangerous heist. I love heists because they make you think a lot and books that you make think are the AMAZING. The story is very diverse, and it dwells on the important of friendship and sticking together as a team and just ugh it’s perfect!! I could keep rambling for days on this series okay, so let’s get into the quotes!!
~ Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo ~
1. “When everyone knows you’re a monster, you needn’t waste time doing every monstrous thing.”
2. “Jer molle pe onnet. Enel mord je neg afva trohem verret.” I have been made to protect you. Only in death will I be kept from this oath.”
3. “I will have you without armor, Kaz Brekker. Or I will not have you at all.”
4. “Alliances shifted this way and that in the Barrel, but your gang was your family, the only protection that mattered.”
5. “They fear you as I once feared you,” he said. “As you once feared me. We are all someone’s monster, Nina.”
~ Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo ~
1. “I’ll tell you a secret, Hanna. The really bad monsters never look like monsters.”
2. “Mati en sheva yelu. This action will have no echo. It means we don’t repeat the same mistakes, that we won’t continue to do harm.”
3. “And that was what destroyed you in the end: the longing for something you could never have.”
4. “Better terrible truths that kind lies. Kaz had never offered her happiness, and she didn’t trust the men promising to serve it up to her now. Her suffering had not been for nothing.”
5. “No mourners, no funerals. Another way of saying good luck. But it was something more. A dark wink to the fact that there would be no expensive burials for people like them, no marble markers to remember their names, no wreaths of myrtle and rose.”
The feels are attacking me right now, this is evil. Leigh Bardugo is a mastermind at making the Feels 100x more intense than normal. These books hold a special place in my heart, and they are just so stinking good! Also, in honor of Fathers Day I picked this series because of Jespers dad. His dad is one of the most accepting and loving out of all the fathers I’ve read of in YA novels. He is protective and always worries about his son but then he just loves Jesper so much that he wants him to be happy. Honestly, you go Mr. Fahey.
If you’ve read Six of Crows, I’d love to hear about your favorite quotes!! Or some of your favorite scenes, I’m always available for Six of Crows conversations lolol
But I hope you all have a great day and Happy Reading!